Thursday, October 5, 2017
Fish WCO Jeremy Allen was assigned duty for a couple of weeks in Texas after Hurricane Harvey. He has advanced training in Swift Water Recuse and is a member of that team.
Special guests Kim Tesla, Sandy Egly, and Deborah DeCostro
Introductory Youth Archery every Thursday evening 6pm until whenever the archer wants to leave. No experience necessary and equipment will be provided. There is no charge for this program. Sometimes we have 30 kids at this shoot. • You don’t have to be a member of the club to participate
HUNTER EDUCATION - George Sullivan • Upcoming Hunters Education Classes:
9/16 Concord United Methodist Church 9:00am - 4:00pm
9/23 New Salem Presbyterian Church 9:00am - 4:00pm
9/28-29 Church of the Nazarene, New Brighton 5:30pm - 9:00pm
9/30 Beaver County Conservation District 9:00am - 4:00pm
9/30 Midland Sportsmen’s Club 9:00am - 4:00pm
10/19-20 Marion Hill Sportsmen’s Club 5:30pm - 9:00pm
10/26-27 Big Knob Grange 5:30pm - 9:00pm
11/8-9 Concord United Methodist Church 6:00pm - 9:30pm
YOUTH MENTORED HUNTS - Rich Kerlin
• 2017 dates for the Controlled Goose hunt.
• Youth Hunts - Oct 28 & (Nov 4 if needed)
• Adults Hunts - Oct 30, Nov 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, 17.
• Must have your hunting license, Federal Duck Stamp and Migratory Bird Stamp.
• Can pick up applications at the Ice Arena.
• Rich will check with Tim Ishman to see if it’s OK to put the application on the league’s website.
• Youth Pheasant Hunt, Oct 7, Raccoon State Park. Registration online
• Both events require a significant amount of help. Please contact Rich Kerlin for information at: 724-601-6974 or email@example.com
YOUTH FIELD DAY - Youth Foundation / Jerry Hooks
• 77 kids, 40 parents, 62 workers. We fed and took care of 179 people that day.
• Each kid received a flashlight. We also had 66 other prizes that were donated.
• We solicited prizes, water etc. from different clubs and individuals. We also received donations from some of these folks
• Total event expenses were $2,204.30. With donations and earnings from the event we were able to return the initial $3,000 we requested from the league plus $31.70.
• Jerry - EHD (epizootic hemorrhagic disease) seems to be expanding in our area. We have serious problem. They’re finding dead bucks everywhere. Estimates as high as 2,500 deer have died of EHD in Beaver County alone.
• Tony - Hereford Manor Lake update. Everything is in place to move forward. We’re trying to get the money released for the study, cost and design, which is the first step. But only because of the budget stalemate it’s not moving
- Dick Logan will be installing some of the lights that were ordered this Saturday at 9, if anyone would like to come and help please contact him
- Ventilation system: Dewey received two quotes for the ventilation system and has brought them to the club for review.
- CMP and PA Rifle and Pistol Association: a motion was made to belong to both of these associations, cost of $35 for each: Passed
- Vice President: Jarett Wagner
- Treasure:: Jim Tillia
- Director: Walt Kazenski
- County League: Shawn Cox
- Gate is officially broke, some bids have been taken.
- Floor Scrubber
- Batteries are shot and some tubes need replaced.
- Practical shooting for women
- Please contact Ev Gower if you are interested in setting up another class.
- Renewals can be paid through paypal.
- A presentation by Dewey Minteer was given on our filtration system. The filtration system will be looked into along with collecting bids.
- A motion was made that we no longer allow tanerite on the range: Passed
Monday, August 21, 2017
- The key system has been down for the past month. Currently the club house is working however the gate is not working. We will be leaving the gate open.
- Practical shooting for Women
- Holding a class on July 30th, indoor range will be closed.
- The outdoor range will be closed for a church group on August 26 (please look on calendar for exact times closer to the date).
Game Changed disease management area 2 from 2800 to 4800 acres.
Digest is now $6 or free online
25 confirmed hunting related accidents in 2016 one of the safest in a long time
Plenary approval voted for Electronic waterfowl decoys, electronic warming pots for sent lure, and ozone generators
Goose blinds can be applied for online now
August 28th 2B licenses on sale over the county
1A 52000 2A 50000 2B
Camp went well with no issues
Ran some new programs including a mock investigation with the game commission investigating a crime
Over half the kids that went where sponsored by a club
We are currently working on restructuring the costs of the camp.
Saturday, July 22, 2017
- A new filter system will be looked into.
- LED Lights just came in.
- Cell Tower
- No update
- Wildlife Leadership School
- We gave Hana Dean a scholarship for the wildlife leadership school
- It is her and our hope that at next month’s meeting she will be here to give us a presentation.
- It was brought to our attention that we need hats; prices will be looked into until September.