- Bids for the indoor range ducted work are being taken.
- Tractor: A motion was made to reimburse Jarrett Wagner for tractor tires: Passed
- Haunted House: An idea for this fall was brought up to have a haunted house on our property. The gentleman that brought the idea up is asked to come to the next meeting with his ideas.
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Saturday, February 17, 2018
January BCSCL REPORT
For the first time in its 122 year history, the PGC will call its Wildlife Conservation Officers “State Game Wardens.” This became effective 1/1/2018
Numerous beaver complaints have come in. The cold/ice has slowed trapping down. After the weather warms up, trapping activity should increase. Matt coordinates the trappers with the land owners who want the beaver removed.
There was a drowning at Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park last month. The victim made a number of mistakes that cost him his life. He was out by himself, the ice was too thin and he didn’t have a life jacket on. If he would have had a life jacket on, he could have survived
Officer Allen emphasized how important it is to be careful with ice activities.
• Have a minimum of 4” of clear ice.
• ALWAYS WEAR A LIFE JACKET
• Always have another person with you.
• Have a throwable flotation device, a rope and ice awls
Mike Harcher Game Report
HB-359 permits a hunter who mistakenly takes illegal game to not suffer the revocation of their hunting license if they turn themselves into the PGC
HR-4454 Chronic Wasting Disease Management Act. To develop and implement management strategies to address chronic wasting disease among deer, elk, and moose populations
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Jarrett Wagner: Cell tower is still in limbo due to the cell tower company.
- Gate: It has been fixed again.
- The club house was cleaned: $795.65 with supplies.
- Jarrett Wagner is working on the tractor.
- A Battery will be needed in future.
- County League
- Anthony Belczyk made a motion to do the $250 tier for dues seconded by Linda Watcher: Passed It was noted that the $250 would be our contribution for the year.
2017 preliminary statewide bear harvest for the four-day main season was 1,796 which is a 30% decrease from the 2016 season
The following electronic devices were recently approved and are now lawful for hunting. This was published in the Nov 18, Pennsylvania Bulletin.
• Electronic decoys for hunting waterfowl.
• Electronic dove decoys, solely for hunting doves.
• Electronically heated scent or lure dispensers.
• Electronic devices that distribute ozone gas for scent control
As the law is currently written, it is unlawful to use tracking dogs to track wounded or dead deer. The current legislation proposed is Senate bill 135 which would amend title 34 to make this activity lawful. It is my understanding that previous legislation has passed the house but not the senate. The logistics of fees, lists of handlers etc. would have to be worked out when the legislation is passed.
2018 League dues are due by the end of 2017
Copper $50 Silver $150 Platinum $250
Bronze $100 Gold $ 200